On September 7, 2021, Council completed an additional Public Hearing on District of Ucluelet Zoning Amendment Bylaw No. 1284, 2021.
A housing development is proposed for the properties known as Lot 16 Marine Drive (District Plan VIP76214 Except part in plans VIP80735, VIP83067 and VIP86140).
The proposal is to rezone the property from CD-2A.1.6 Big Beach Estates Zoning to:
- R-1 - Single Family Residential
- R-3 - High Density Residential
- R-6 - Infill Single Family Residential (Proposed New Zoning Designation)
This rezoning would enable the development of up to:
- a 48-unit rental apartment building on the corner of Matterson Drive and Marine Drive
- 6 Single Family Residential lots on Marine Drive
- 30 smaller Single Family Residential lots in a new zone
- 28 townhouse Multi-Family units
For details review the Council Reports below.
- Read the Bylaw
- Read the Staff Reports:
- Watch the August 17th (starting @ 34:37), July 13th (starting @ 1:13:00), June 15th (starting @ 2:00:51), and March 23rd (starting @ 25:00), Council meetings and the August 10, 2021, Committee of the Whole, at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgMmvgyLw-y_zmfdLaGEY6A
- Review the Meeting Minutes:
- Watch the Applicant’s Presentation from the June 8, 2021 Public Hearing
- Read late correspondence received by the District (Last updated September 7, 2021 at 12:00 PM)
- Read correspondence received by the District (Last updated August 27, 2021)
- Read the Public Hearing Report
- Watch the Public Hearing online
- Watch the Committee of the Whole online
- Read comments submitted to the Applicant at their 2018 Public Open House
Telephone: 250 726-7744